I don’t know if she’ll be resurrected….
My bike is in the shop. She has some serious symptoms that could prove beyond worth of fixing…we shall see.
I took the bike into the shop because of a pool of oil that had amassed inside of two days under her. It reminded me of the days I had my Panhead…but she’s an Evo…and shouldn’t even come close to reminding me of those days in that manner.
I looked under her dress…up into the chassis…and see the leak appears to be coming from the back side of the oil tank…and then I discover the oil tank will move….WHAT? NO!!!!!!
I ride the bike to the shop. Show what I found to Tim…and he says the bracket is broke that is welded to the oil tank…and needs to be rewelded….well FU%K ME. The soonest he can get us in there is Thursday. No riding for me. But I figured I could ride the bike home…and ride it back in when it’s time….
Bad move sweetie…real bad move. On the way home, the front cylinder started ticking. I was in a very bad section of town. Not the place to stop…so I pushed her onward for about a mile to get to a safer place. By the time we stopped, the noise from the front cylinder was so bad, it overshadowed my straight pipes. Oh man….
I call the shop and ask if they have a tow service…well course not. Here I am, still in a not so good section of town…on the cusp of an even worse section of town, and I’m broke down. My MR. is at work, and I can’t get the bike towed to a a safer place…my shop tells me to call this towing company…I’ve already had dealings with them previously…with Mom’s car…screw them. I would rather someone got away with rolling my bike down the street and selling it for junk than let those asswipes tow my fricken motorcycle.
So I call my Mom. I am at a place she knows how to get to, and it’s an easy place for her to get to with only three turns once she leaves the house. It’s hot…I’m cooking out in the sun…and I wait for Mom. She arrives…I take everything off the bike…and leave her in the parking lot of the post office. Figure she should be safe there during office hours.
I was right. The MR. came home, picked me up… we went to U-Haul and rented their bike hauler…yes they have a bike trailer. 14.00 bucks not bad. Towed it to the bike…got it rolled on…and hauled the bike to the shop. Got her unloaded…the service writer wanted me to start her up. I did…it took less than 7 secs for me to shut her down…she was not good.
So now she sits, They will do a leak down test…and run a scope into her cyl. to see what can be seen. I have a feeling it was a running seizure…and that I had a piece of her rings get blown out the exhaust.
We shall see.
She has almost 170K on her. She had a top end last year…10 K ago…an oil pump about 15K ago was replaced….
Fingers crossed. Hope it won’t cost more than she’s worth to fix…well she’s almost priceless to me…since replacing her is more expensive than fixing her. Have to wait and see.